Women's fashion of all ages. Everything about women's fashion. Ladies clothes, shoes and accessories

Tuesday 23 June 2020

5 Reasons Why I Love Jumping Rope

While sheltering in place trying to avoid "The Rona", I have managed to partake in more eating of the household snacks than usual. I mean, what else is there to do besides curl up with a good book and a snack, cruise social media and snack or Netflix and chill with my husband (which also requires a snack).
You would think that as a seasoned entrepreneur, I would be accustomed to being home and while I am, being quarantined just hit differently. 

Most of you know that I have worked hard to get healthier and to build my ailing knee back to at least partial functionality. I have had to receive therapy for many years, you have watched my trainer kick my butt (I hate him), and I have shared many of my workouts; on my journey to healing. This is the reason why I cannot allow the quarantine 15 to sneak up on me. Also, with the economy being the way it is, I can't afford to buy new clothes. 

Due to the quarantine, I have been unable to meet with my trainer and physical therapist plus, the gym is closed which really had me off track. However, I knew that I couldn't keep baking bread and cakes without adding some movement to my day, so I grabbed my jump rope.


When I started the jump rope challenge a few months ago, many of you jumped right in (pun intended). And then there were those of you who questioned what a childhood pastime like jumping rope had to offer a grown woman, like me. Well, today I am sharing 5 benefits of jumping rope. 

Alexa, play Cris Cross; Jump! 

1. Coordination
The steady cadence and rhythm of jumping rope can help improve the coordination between your eyes, feet, and hands.

2. Burns Major Calories
Compared to jogging for 30 minutes, jumping rope actually burns more calories. According to Science Daily, "Ten minutes of jumping rope can roughly be considered the equivalent of running an eight-minute mile.”
3. Improves Cardiovascular Health
According to the American College of Sports Medicine, jumping rope is highly recommended for aerobic conditioning. In order to increase your heart and lung health, you must do it three to five times per week for 12 to 20 minutes at a time.
4. Improves Bone Density  
"Jumping is great if your bones are strong enough, to begin with,” Dr. Barry says. “You probably don’t need to do a lot either.” (If you have any history of fractures or a family history of osteoporosis, check with a physician before jumping.)
5. Improves Breathing 
In addition to improved heart health and stamina, jumping rope also improves how efficiently you breathe. This becomes very beneficial when doing other activities because you won’t be as out of breath after running down the court or swimming laps in the pool.
So yeah, grab a jump rope and get to work, it is also cheaper than a gym membership and it stimulates your brain plus it will help keep the quarantine 15 away. 
Oh, you don't have a jump rope? Well, here you so sis! Also, I like to jump rope while wearing my Garnerbody waist trainer and arm snatchers



from Garnerstyle https://ift.tt/2YXN81U

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Enjoy a Brewery Day Trip in Seattle

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © Women's Fashion | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com